Monday, April 03, 2006

Saying Goodbye, Packing and The Big Move


The evening after my talk I went out with a couple of friends to eat dinner in the `Kleine Moghul', a nice small Indian restaurant with great food, and afterwards I met most of my friends in `Het Paard van Troje', a cozy bar in the center of Groningen. My friends gave me some very nice gifts, including a DVD Laurens, Edwin, Ramon and Sjoerd had made me with a funny movie in which they said goodbye to me. It was a very cozy evening, and I really liked saying goodbye to them in this way (of course I am still coming back in May and April).

The next couple of days I spent packing my stuff, and made some arrangements with the new inhabitant. I sold him my fridges and a big closet for 110 euro, and I didn't need to paint over my GNU! That saved us a lot of time, which we didn't really have.


The last couple of days we ate dinner at my parents, together with my brothers and their girlfriends. Finally the day arrived that we should leave. Past Tuesday we woke up at 4:00, ate a little bit, said goodbye to my parents and at 5:00 we were on our way. We carefully avoided all traffic jams to arrive two hours early at the boat in Kiel. Once on the boat we first slept for two hours, and then went down to eat a little bit and play some chess, accompanied by some alcoholic drinks and a very nice jazz band. We had a wonderful trip and arrived at nine o'clock in the morning in Oslo. We spent the rest of the day moving in my stuff. I had finally moved to Oslo! (Annett wrote more on her weblog, and you can find more pictures on her picture page.)

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Laurens said...

Gelukkig hebben we het aftershave flesje nog :-D

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Wicher said...

So now you're gone... :( Hope you had a grand goodbye! I'll see you in May!!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Georg Muntingh said...

We definitely have to meet in May, it has been such a long time... Of course it is a very nice time `om een terrasje te pikken'. :) Jean, are you thereby?

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Laurens said...

*thinks about a BBQ party*

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Ate said...

It was nice to read your blog. But I really was missing something. I will e-mail you some pictures from your last days in Holland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home