Sunday, May 21, 2006

17th of May

Past Wednesday I experienced the national day of Norway, the 17th of May. On this day almost all Norwegians get their national costume out of the closet and go to the center of their local city. There they wave with Norwegian flags at the king and the queen. Those who don't believe me (which is very understandable, I personally didn't believe it before I saw it) can take a look at Annett's picture page. Annett wrote more about this.



In the afternoon we went, together with Klaus and Ingvild, to Kanutte and Tor Helge. There we grilled sausages and ate them with bread and lumpe, a Norwegian pancake (as I see it) made of potatoes. In the evening we played two games of Settlers. It was a great day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous database dba said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home