Sunday, July 08, 2007

VR Panoramas and Google Earth

When I was enjoying a stunning view from a mountain in Nordfjordeid, I was discussing with Pål how great it would be to embed a layer of Quicktime VR Panoramas in Google Earth (here are some examples of small VR Panoramas). The ability to embed URLs in the panoramas would then make it possible to jump location by clicking inside your panorama, hopping for instance from mountain top to mountain top!

I've been fascinated by these panoramas for some time now, and wrote about them long ago in connection to generalizing point-and-click adventure games. As for now, I don't think there exists an open alternative to these, and I don't think it is possible to create them in GNU/Linux. Hopefully somebody steps up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home